1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BRIGADIER ROOTED!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jfever311, May 13, 2015.

1. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

Hey folks, root has been achieved for our device!! Download Kingroot 4.0 from kingroot.net. The app is in chinese, and it's kinda goofy, but if you kinda follow the more obvious prompts, you'll get it. I actually uninstalled everything it installed, except for the kinguser app itself, after I achieved superuser permission. It's working great!!

NE_Phil likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. topjimmy17866

topjimmy17866 Lurker

I tried it today and it worked ! Been hoping there was a way that actually worked. I'm now a happy camper ! Thanks !

3. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

I had rooted all my Casio devices and was worried about doing to the Brigadier. Do you really need to root this phone?? What advantages do you see when rooted? Is there a way to maybe allocate more memory to the crappy camera? Still waiting for a software/firmware update to help with some of the buggy stuff like the camera.

4. jfever311

Root mode on apps like Greenify, Lucky Patcher, Nova Prime, and Xposed are awesome.

5. bestaudioguy

Do you load directly to the phone or old school to the PC and plug the phone in?

6. jfever311

Download directly to the phone and just run the app. It will install three apps onto your phone. The only one you need to keep after rooting is the Kinguser app. I uninstalled both of the other ones. It takes less than five minutes from start to finish. Here's the file you need, in english. :)

Attached Files:

7. bestaudioguy

Thanks. Loaded it to the phone and when I hit install I get a warning that my settings are blocking unknown apps from loading. I went to the security settings and unchecked the two boxes pertaining to the apps loading. Same thing happened the next time. Did I forget something?

8. bestaudioguy

Never mind. I was supposed to CHECK the box to allow it to load. Rooted!!!
    Thanks

9. bestaudioguy

Now my Titanium Root Pro will not work. Have the pro key and its paid for but will only load the free version. UGH

10. bestaudioguy

Another small issue. I have a widget for the clock that sits on my main screen. It fails to hold the correct time. The system time in the top right corner is correct. Something to do with some syncing I'm sure.
    The Kingroot home page is in English, but all the settings are in Chinese. Any way to correct that?? I'm sure I can find the reason the clock fails in there somewhere!
    Thanks

11. jfever311

Did you uninstall the other two apps that loaded with Kinguser? I have not had any issues at all. You might want to look up how to switch Kinguser for SupeSu. Some people have had issues with Busybox not working right with Kinguser, and that would explain most issues with Titanium.

12. bestaudioguy

I loaded the apk mentioned above. Did not see any other things that loaded with it. The main page of the app is in english but when you press any option, the rest is in Chinese! Cant translate or do anything with it. Might just have to remove and reinstall?

13. jfever311

You should have three new apps in your app drawer. Kingroot, Kinguser, and one that just has a trident looking thing as the app icon. Kinguser is the only one you need to keep. The Kinguser app itself is English. I would post some screenshots, but I just had to unroot my phone. The speakers just started sounding terrible, so I'm having a warranty replacement sent out.... again.

14. bestaudioguy

I cant even see the widget drawer either, weird! How did you unroot the phone using the app? I want to uninstall it and unroot to try again.

15. illgandor

illgandor Lurker

is there any way yet to upgrade to 5.0?

16. brewbrew72

brewbrew72 Lurker

Newbiwe here. I'm looking to root my Brigadier work phone in order to use Disk Digger to recover some photos I accidentally deleted. Is there a downside to rooting the Brigadier? Can it be unrooted using the app above? Thanks

17. risingjo

risingjo Lurker

hi can anyone please send me the setup wizard apk for brigadier??
    i rooted my phone via king root and deleted setup wizard apk to get rid of unknown sim message and forgot to copy it now every time i reboot it tells me to choose manually from providers list please someone help

18. v850tw

v850tw Lurker

ok.... It is August 2016... Is it safe to use this chinese program to root a Brigadier? Or... Is there a better solution?

19. ecgRN

ecgRN Lurker

Bumping old thread .

going to get one today. Will be sad to see the original commando go, but this one rooted should make it less painful.

Is it really that easy to root?

20. v850tw

v850tw Lurker

I have a Brigadier, and have not yet rooted it because after reading here and other places, it did not seem such a risk free process. I hate having various apps run that don't need to be running. I am interested to hear of your success, ecgRN

21. ecgRN

ecgRN Lurker

So, after being told the wait was 1.5hrs at the store, I went home to research a little more. I was not impresses with the findings....see my post under the "fourm" tab.

Kyocera Brigadier Forum

The Kyocera Brigadier release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a Snapdragon 400 processor, 3100mAh battery, 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, and 2GB RAM.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews