1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bright bar on top of my screen - android 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by elpuentos, Jan 30, 2016.

1. elpuentos

elpuentos Guest

Hello together :)

I have kind of a strange problem. Yesterday I got my new tablet (IRULU X1S) and it's a pretty neat thing, runs fast and everthing was working fine.

Then I have been using the chrome browser and let the tablet lie around. When the screen was darkening (because of idle) I turned the tablet and the screen tilted. Since then there is a bright bar on top of my screen (if I hold the phone upright).

When I tilt the Phone the bright bar stays at the same place, meaning the bar is now on the side.

Its almost as thick as the status bar and it's way brighter than the rest of the screen.

One could say the rest of the screen still seems "darkened".

What is really really weird is, the bright bar is even visible if I enter the phone "root" menu (pressing vol down und power). The top pixels seem brighter than the rest.

Is this a known Android poblem? I can't be a burn in, because it happened after tilting the screen and is there since then.

I tried to remove all apps that I installed and even factory reset the tablet. The bright bar is there in every screen, on the bootscreen and also in the "root" menu. Is there maybe a way to reset the phone to all defaults, e.g. putting a new OS on the phone? Because it has to be a software bug...

Thanks for reading and I hope you have some ideas how to fix this!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It almost certainly sounds like a screen hardware problem. And the fix is to replace the screen. If you've only just got it, seek a replacement device under warranty I think.

androidmachine likes this.
  3. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

Could this be a light leak (a hardware problem)?