1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Brighten video streaming from Google Photos

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by akedm, Nov 13, 2020.

1. akedm

akedm Lurker

Much like equalizer apps modify the audio from streaming sources (eg. Spotify, Pandora), is there a video app solution for video streaming adjustments such as brightness, color tone, etc ?

Just to be clear,
    1. I do not want to know about apps that can modify local video files - there's a ton of those already, and
    2. I don't want to know about apps that can modify cloud-based video files once they're downloaded onto the device - see point 1.
    Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

3. akedm

akedm Lurker

Ok.

VLC can brighten on the fly. Got it.

How does VLC stream from Google Photos?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

"video streaming from Google photos"? How do you actually do that?

Dannydet likes this.
  5. akedm

akedm Lurker

Exactly. How does vlc do that?

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I wasn't commenting about VLC, I was actually thinking how do you video stream from Google Photos? Google Photos is for your picture storage isn't it, and not streamed video?

7. akedm

akedm Lurker

You've never put a video on Google Photos and then watched it stream from Google Photos?

Well, lets just say millions do this every day, probably safe to say tens of millions. Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge.

So, with that out of the way, back to the question.

How would I brighten the videos streaming from Google Photos? They're a little dark on the phone regardless of brightness on the phone, so I'm looking for a on-the-fly solution such as VLC. As far as I know though VLC does not connect to Google Photos to allow such purpose.

8. akedm

akedm Lurker