1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Brightness and Color

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by galaxyconvert, Sep 14, 2011.

1. galaxyconvert

galaxyconvert Lurker

I have a Galaxy s2 and love it.... Can anyone tell me why it is difficult to see in sunlight... I have come from an iPhone 3 and it was fine... does it have something to do with my plastic screen protector and the Brightness settings... I have it to the highest Brightness setting and I still find it difficult to see....

AND

does anyone know of any way to change to color scheme of the font, I am guessing I may need an app to do this...

AND

how the holy hell do i download apps and what from "Samsung App" or "App" ...

New user and very different from the iphone...

Thanks all :eek::eek::eek::eek::):):):):):):)

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and wecome to Android Forums galaxyconvert.

From my own long personal experience of smartphones I have to say, that without a doubt, the SGSII screen is the best by far in all lights.

I do not use a screen protector on my handset as I feel that it can diminish the display and touch properties in some cases.

I have the Display setting to auto brightness and Screen mode set to Dynamic,

I find that these settings serve me well in all conditions and cause no discernible drain on the battery.

I particularly find the screen legible in bright sunlight.

Having compared my handset to a colleagues iPhone 4 I can honestly say that they are on a par.

It is, of course, possible that you have a defective screen. However, before rushing to Samsung repairs, you could try the above settings and dare I say, remove the screen protector to see if this is impeding the display.

I hope this helps. :D