1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Brightness changes on me without permission?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boostin, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Boostin

Boostin Member
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    I am still learning the software and wondered how/why this happens?

Advertisement

2. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    Go to settings -> display -> brightness and uncheck automatic brightness. That should keep the phone from adjusting based on the light it is taking in. Hope this helps.

3. Boostin

Boostin Member
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    It wasn't/isn't checked for automatic brightness... humm

4. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    Is it going from bright to dark, dark to bright or both? My phone is set to dim after 1 minute of being on without being touched. When I'm doing something like reading on a webpage, the phone will dim and I have to touch the screen for it to brighten again. This is located in settings -> display -> screen timeout. If it's not that, then I have no clue.

5. BlueHeeler

BlueHeeler Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Mine does the same. Froyo 2.2. I put the brightness on about 30% up the scale. The automatic brightness is unchecked. I will use it for a while. Use it a bit later and the brightness will be on 100% or occasionally 0%. It just keeps changing itself for no real reason.

6. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I have mine set at about 30%. I notice that the screen does change brightness when the light sensor is covered. I cover the sensor with my thumb and the screen does get dim but then goes back to normal when my thumb is removed. I think the brightest the screen will get is what you have the brightness set as, so in my case 30%. You would think that the brightness would always stay at the level you select but the light sensor does still adjust brightness and the maximum brightness will be what you have it set at. That is just what I think happens. I do get a lot better battery life setting mine at about 30% then I do with auto brightness turned on. So I guess there is some sort of "auto brightness" that is always on regardless of what brightness setting you have. Like I stated above, the % you have set is the "brightest" it will get.