1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Brightness randomly lowering?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alpharunner, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Alpharunner

Alpharunner Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    This has been happening lately. I will be playing a game most of the time, and while not touching the screen at all, the brightness will lower a little, then about half a second later, a little more, and it keeps going till you can barely see the screen and goes back to normal when you tap the screen. Auto brightness and power saving are off, and screen timeout is 10 minutes. Any solutions?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Are you by any chance using an auto brightness app like Lux? I was having exactly those symptoms till I uninstalled it.

3. Alpharunner

Alpharunner Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Well no. I have the app clean master which saves battery, but that's the closest thing I have to that, but it just started happening recently, and I've had that app way before that.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, not related to your concern but, Clean master does not save battery (on the contrary it uses up more and makes the phone slower and totally dependent on it. Kinda like drugs. Gives you a high, but makes you slower and slower without it until you can't function without it) , sells your data, and is the closest thing to malware that is found on Play Store. It should not be downloaded to any device ever.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.