• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightness Slider: Is this available on US version?

jlm86

Feb 12, 2011
I keep searching for the newly added brightnesss slider that is available on the new update OTA recently, but i cannot seem to find it..

Is this a os upgrade, or do i need an app to do this?
really need, as outside, i cannot find the icon to increase brightness

I keep searching for the newly added brightnesss slider that is available on the new update OTA recently, but i cannot seem to find it..

Is this a os upgrade, or do i need an app to do this?
really need, as outside, i cannot find the icon to increase brightness

The feature was added in Sprint's recent OTA update (v L710VPLG8). I don't think it is on other carriers' phones, at least not yet. I could be wrong about that part.

Upvote 0
I wish you could hide the new brightness slider since Lux is way better. The slider just takes up space.

I don't follow. I don't even see the slider unless I pull down the notification bar. The slider is located there and takes up very little room but who cares anyway. It isn't like you can put other stuff there. Confused.

Upvote 0
I don't follow. I don't even see the slider unless I pull down the notification bar. The slider is located there and takes up very little room but who cares anyway. It isn't like you can put other stuff there. Confused.

It takes up quite a lot of room that could be used for other notifications. It is a bit annoying and makes the interface a bit busier, which if you like minimalism - isnt ideal

Upvote 0
Yeah exactly. It takes up a lot of room for something that I never use. And now I have that, plus the "Rogers" line with the date and settings button, plus the GreenPower, Llama, and Lux notifications, all before I get to the email or SMS entries that I might actually want to read. If I'm listening to music and the music controls go in to there then I can't even see the SMS or email notifications until I scroll the notification window.

So, since I would never use it, it would be nice to be able to hide it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones