1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

brightness suddenly not working consistently

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doubleUTF, Aug 14, 2012.

1. doubleUTF

doubleUTF Lurker

First of all, I searched other threads, and everyone either had a slightly different problem or a solution that doesn't work for me.

My problem is this: I rooted my phone this morning. Didn't do anything special to it afterwards. Installed Go SMS Pro + Lightflow. This is when I noticed my phone brightness was being weird. I had my brightness set to 50% (auto adjust tone and power saving both OFF), but when I went into Go SMS pro it would auto dim the screen, and wouldn't restore it upon exiting to the home menu. I couldn't fix it, so I uninstalled go SMS Pro, but the brightness problem is persistent. Turning the screen off while at 50% and working properly and then turning it on again, results in the screen becoming dim, even though the brightness widget is still showing 50%. Opening the widget and pressing 50% again makes it correct. I haven't exactly figured out when this behavior happens and when it doesn't, but I tried playing around with the auto adjust screen tone and turning power saving on and then off, but nothing has worked. I also tried power cycling every time I made a change. This is really frustrating, can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

Turn auto brightness off. It's broken on this phone. I use Lux. Great brightness app.

3. davoid

davoid Android Expert

And what happens if you uninstall lightflow? Does the problem go away?

It seems that you installed two apps and you're having a problem, but you haven't tested through elimination where the problem is originating. Uninstall lightflow and see if the problem persists.

Lightflow is reported to be problematic on the S3.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews