• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

daldude

Jul 7, 2013
I've noticed that the brightness on my Tablet sometimes will fluctuate slightly and the auto brightness is Not turned on. Is this normal it seems to happen mostly while watching Youtube Videos but I've also seen it on the home screen occasionally and sometimes in the Web Browser.

I have the brightness set to less then full maybe any where from 50% to 75% and the Auto Brightness is Off.

It is possible this happens based on your display and the colors on the screen. For example, on some kinds of screens, bright colors in one area will make the rest of the screen brighter, even with dark colors. I'm not very familiar with the screen type on your device, but if it's not bothering you, it's not something I think you should worry about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones