1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bring back warranty with unroot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by williamburk, Sep 17, 2011.

1. williamburk

williamburk Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    California
    Hi so heres the scoop i had sense rom flashed it ran fine i had booted it many times...then i get nugged while taking it out of my pocket and drop the phone.-_-. the battery fell out so i popped it in and powered it on.Oh NO its bricked, stuck at the lg screen. so i fix it program my meid and esn and all updated to the correct prl because it gave me 6000 something? and took it to metro so they could enter in my # and min. Yay it works. Now i only recieve 20% of textes no matter what rom i have and only 20% of phone calls i wnt even recieve a voicemail alert... so i think my attena is messed up cause it is still like this in areas were signal is good. so i would like to know will unrooting bring back my warranty if i restore my stock nand backup? i need my warranty

Advertisement

2. sector4

sector4 Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    if i were in your situation i would use the LG update tool to update that phone to 2.2.2 and it will remove your custom recovery. that will then make the phone look as though it was never touched. Just make sure to uninstall any apps that are related to modding/rooting the phone.

3. williamburk

williamburk Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    California
    Updating doesnt get rid of your warranty? What if I were to use LGNPST and run a stock.bin 2.2.1 file on it?

4. sector4

sector4 Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    well i didn't have your situation but the screen on mine got messed up and i took it back i just upgraded to 2.2.2 to just be safe. they had no issue's at all and swapped it out. Ya for 2.2 phone when i was on 2.2.1 out the box on the first one. Although this phone will even become just a play toy as i am getting a droid incredible from a friend. Time to learn to flash to metro pcs lol.

Tags: