• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bring on the Iphone4 To Compare with Big EVO!!!

Wanna shut them up? Just drive around town and make calls. Nothin' like at "call failed" message to remind them that the new toy is still on the old network.:cool:

This is so funny and SOOOO true! Yesterday while grocery shopping my daughter tried to call me and before I could even answer my AT&T Backflip dropped the call. Then I got the "emergency call only" message and had to reboot twice before resuming AT&T service to the phone. She usually calls me on that phone because she has AT&T and they don't have the "any mobile anytime" policy. Lovin' my Evo on Sprint!!:D

Upvote 0
Raadius,
How do you know the iPhone 4 camera is any better? Do you own one or work for Apple? Links to any articles comparing the cameras would be beneficial as well.

Read this post I made:

http://androidforums.com/lounge/94520-tempted-cancel-evo-iphone-2.html#post932986

The EVO4 has a crappy Omnivision BSI sensor. I have a HTC Incredible with the same sensor and it has terrible blown highlights. a 5 megapixel $49.99 Motorola phone blows it away. Not just talking out of my butt either. You can quantify it by pixel peeping. Pull the files into Photoshop and just look at the histogram. Histograms DONT LIE.
Here is a post I made on the Incredible forum with histogram proof.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...-about-incredible-camera-picture-quality.html

So by just examining the iPhone sample images in Photoshop, carefully studying the curves and histogram, I can say that Sony's Exmoor sensor in the iPhone is good. Camera histograms is quantifiable metric of measuring a camera's performance.

The iPhone has a 1.75 um pitch in 5 megapixels. This means less noise. This is as close to a point-n-shoot camera like a Canon Powershot (which btw uses a similar sensor).

The only 2 players are Nokia and Apple in cellphone cams. Nokia, obviously, has better optics.

Upvote 0
I know I could name a few things that our Evo has vs. the new iphone coming out.

1. Flash player
2. Video confference only on wifi, plus I heard it has .3 mega pixel on front? don't know for sure?
3. 8 mega-pixel camera vs. 5
4. Larger screen.
5.They adveritised true "multitasking" Really"
6. SDcard swap for Evo, New phone for iphone 8,16,32G
7. Customizable at your pleasure, Not jail break like the iphone.

And of course had my neighbor look at it, he has an iphone and says WOW it is like an iphone? I SAID HELL NO!!! IT'S BETTER!!!

1. Flash player
Flash player is a minus on the Evo for me. Luckily I can turn it off (and did).

2. Video conference only on wifi, plus I heard it has .3 mega pixel on front? don't know for sure?
Evo wins here, although I don't know when I'll ever use that.

Quality wins here, not quantity. All megapixels measure is the size of the file. A 5MP quality photo is better than an 8MP shitty photo. We don't know the quality of the iPhone's camera yet, so this argument is not a good one.

4. Larger screen.
Larger = Evo, more pixels = iPhone. Personal preferences here.

They're advertising multitasking that doesn't drain the battery or affect performance. Can't fault them for that goal.

The SD card has been an annoyance since Day 1 on the Evo. And you can't put larger than a 32GB card in the phone at any time anyways. I'd prefer built-in memory.

This is relative, and there are bad things about being so customizable. With more options comes more bugginess. Android is buggier than iOS. More options is a win/lose.

Don't mean to come out against everything here, but these points were a little silly.

Upvote 0
1. Flash player

Let me understand this..... A capability that allows you access to more content, yet can be disabled if the end user chooses is somehow a "minus" for you? Interesting :rolleyes:

This isn't even a iPhone vs. Evo point that I am making, but I hate it when the manufacturer/developer/etc tells ME that I can't do something because THEY don't think it is a good idea. I will be the judge of that, thank you very much.

Reactions: mcnutty
Upvote 0
Let me understand this..... A capability that allows you access to more content, yet can be disabled if the end user chooses is somehow a "minus" for you? Interesting :rolleyes:

This isn't even a iPhone vs. Evo point that I am making, but I hate it when the manufacturer/developer/etc tells ME that I can't do something because THEY don't think it is a good idea. I will be the judge of that, thank you very much.

Yes. I don't want Flash on any of my touch-screen devices. It's pointless. Most of the content I want to view is already HTML5 or doesn't work on mobile devices at all, Flash or not (Hulu). So in the end I get more ads and a slower browsing experience. No thanks.

Sick of the "I make MY own decisions" crap. Flash shouldn't be on touch-screen devices. It's not meant to work on these devices. There's no rollover state, most Flash things will break with no mouse. Steve Jobs made a wise decision not including it. Now many sites are steering away from it, which is a good thing for the web.

Flash needs to be used for animation. Not video embedding. I'm missing zero content from 'no Flash'

Upvote 0
I will say it this way.....

It is like Democrat versus Republican....

If you like someone to determine what is best for you...go Apple iPhone. Mr. Jobs knows what is best for you just like Mr. Obama does.

If you are interested in paving your own way in this world and taking responsibility for your actions, then come on over to Android. It is wide open....nobody owes you anything....but we will help you if we know how!!!!

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread and even replying....

Upvote 0
Is it really that big of a deal that someone wants to brag about their phone amongst other owners (supposedly) of the phone? Do you not think there will be such threads on every iphone forum known to man?

The only thing I like about the new Iphone is the video editing and battery life, other than that it will be boring like the rest of them because you can't add your own flavor to it, the apps almost always cost money, and many of the interactive apps will be only compatible with other apple users. Not to mention the service and I hate that there is only one real control button. That bores me like the rest of the I phones. The iphone is like living in a box IMO.

But that's my opinion and I'm willing to share it on an EVO Androir forum and should be able to do so without getting bashed as I believe the OP should.

Upvote 0
1. Flash player

2. Video conference only on wifi, plus I heard it has .3 mega pixel on front? don't know for sure?
Evo wins here, although I don't know when I'll ever use that.

Quality wins here, not quality. All megapixels measure is the size of the file. A 5MP quality photo is better than an 8MP shitty photo. We don't know the quality of the iPhone's camera yet, so this argument is not a good one.

4. Larger screen.
Larger = Evo, more pixels = iPhone. Personal preferences here.

They're advertising multitasking that doesn't drain the battery or affect performance. Can't fault them for that goal.

The SD card has been an annoyance since Day 1 on the Evo. And you can't put larger than a 32GB card in the phone at any time anyways. I'd prefer built-in memory.

This is relative, and there are bad things about being so customizable. With more options comes more bugginess. Android is buggier than iOS. More options is a win/lose.

Don't mean to come out against everything here, but these points were a little silly.
What?! LOL.

Upvote 0
These are the same arguments we have at our break time! It's ok to own what your prefer to have in life! My argument is when you say that, anything is the best thing in life...

Of Topic: But this is another scenerio we argue as well.
No offence to "Harley Davidson" But the same guy who loves his Iphone owns a Harley Street glide...I own Honda VTX, obviously my name gives it! But anyway he says...Drive "American" Harley is the real thing, not Like those Jap bikes...But yet when he gets into his car, guess what he drives? A Camry...Because he hates how american cars don't hold any value...

Yet my my Honda is assembled in the US!

It's prefference to own what you like!

Upvote 0
These are the same arguments we have at our break time! It's ok to own what your prefer to have in life! My argument is when you say that, anything is the best thing in life...

Of Topic: But this is another scenerio we argue as well.
No offence to "Harley Davidson" But the same guy who loves his Iphone owns a Harley Street glide...I own Honda VTX, obviously my name gives it! But anyway he says...Drive "American" Harley is the real thing, not Like those Jap bikes...But yet when he gets into his car, guess what he drives? A Camry...Because he hates how american cars don't hold any value...

Yet my my Honda is assembled in the US!

It's prefference to own what you like!

yup.! and camry is assemble in the US as well.

Upvote 0
I don't know... I like the quality of my EVO camera and it has replaced my old point and shoot. If I want to take really great photos I will get an actual camera.

d3ba78d4.jpg

I took this in low light I a bar... I think it looks great

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Umm....duh. Would you prefer them to market it as almost revolutionary or "we're almost as good as Android or anything other than the best? It's marketing. They are trying to sell their product to as many people as possible. They embellish, color and do whatever they can to sound more appealing than other products. I would expect any marketing company to do the same thing.
The thing I hate is how Apple markets all their products like they are the second coming. The iPhone was revolutionary. Now? No, not even close.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones