• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brithday displays a month early.

Mine was doing that in 1.5 under People, Updates and Events, but it isn't anymore in 2.1. I have a friend who's birthday is March 17th and it's not showing up yet, but I'll come back and edit this post when it does. I'm assuming that it will be "week of" the event, if it's anything like Facebook's birthday updates.

Upvote 0
How are you being notified? I don't get any notifications of birthdays (2.1). Do you happen to have a "reminder" type notification set up in gmail, and maybe it's set to 1 month??

yeah im using 1.5 still, i't's not through gmail, it just in the phones list of people. You can enter their birthday and anniversary. I just thought the phone would let you know the day off the persons birthday.

Mine was doing that in 1.5 under People, Updates and Events, but it isn't anymore in 2.1. I have a friend who's birthday is March 17th and it's not showing up yet, but I'll come back and edit this post when it does. I'm assuming that it will be "week of" the event, if it's anything like Facebook's birthday updates.

OK thanks, i guess i will just have to wait for 2.1. It seems kinda dumb that the phone gives you an option to send the person a message or place a call to them when it reminds you of their birthday a month early. I was hoping their was a way to fix this. i tried the menu and what not, but no luck.

Upvote 0

Just to update this, my friend's birthday is showing up as "in two days", which is better than having it a month in advance. I should have checked it last week but I totally forgot about it.

Upvote 0
My phone does the same thing, 30 day advance notice of birthdays. It uses google calendar for birthdays. In gmail under calendars there is no way that I can find to edit birthday events once they are created to uncheck all day event.

Some of the birthday info comes from Facebook, some gmail and others are added in contacts so I got data from all over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones