1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Brodit ProClip Car Mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bob Loblaw1, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The OC
    I've got the ProClip car mount and want to get a holder for it that will fit the N4 WITH the bumper on. It was a PITA to have to take the case off of my N1 everytime I wanted to dock it.

By my measurments, the phone width with the bumper is 2 15/16" (74.61mm) and thickness 7/16" (11.11mm). Damn close to 3"X1/2".

My question is, does anybody know of a semi-popular phone that has similar dimensions so I can check the Brodit website and see if they make a ProClip mount for it?

Advertisement

2. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The OC
    After looking at several devices the closest I've found is the Note II at 80.5mm width and 9.4mm thick. I'm thinking I could account for the +5.9mm difference in width by cutting up some of that cusiony stuff you put on the bottom of chairs to keep them from scratching hardwood floors. I should be able to find some of that stuff in black and the thickness is probably just about right, plus it will have some give to it if it's a little too thick.

Problem is the width is -1.7mm and I can't make the phone thinner.

Think I'll find out what their return policy is and if it's just the cost of shipping maybe I'll give it a shot.

Tags: