1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Broke my screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DVJ38, Mar 12, 2013.

1. DVJ38

DVJ38 Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I dropped my phone the other day and now the screen is cracked all over the place. I have insurance on it, but does anyone have any advice for me about how to get this handled? I have had the phone for 15 months. Frankly I'm impressed the screen didn't break sooner with the number of times that I've dropped it. I just don't want to get a refurbished phone that is going to be junk.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    Call Asurion and get a replacement, most of them are decent and if you happen to get a bad one, call again and they will ship another replacement. Never had two bad ones in a row from Asurion, in fact, most "second" replacements we have ever gotten where NIB units.

3. DVJ38

DVJ38 Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Awesome, I knew I would get some good info here! I'll see when I can get a spare moment to give them a call. Hopefully soon, as the screen cracked more yesterday lol

Now I just have to figure out the best way to backup all my contacts, text messages, and apps!

4. acejavelin

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Contacts - Google, but then they are all Google contacts already... right? :)
    If not, there is a MOVE option in the people app, a little fiddling and you can move any Phone or other contacts to Google.

Text Messages - built into phone, just open Messaging, Backup SMS, and away you go. It saves to SD card so move it to new card or reused old card and restore.

Apps - Best to just reinstall anyway. Once you install anything through the Play Store app, you can go online with a PC and just tick the apps you want to install and it will push them to the phone.

5. GodofBore

GodofBore Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I should have just tried to go back to stock than try to replace mine. Ruined the stock digitizer trying to separate it from the glass. Then ordered a complete one and a quarter of the screen died a week or so in. Had to order another and wait for a credit on the return.

OH WAIT: I tried insurance this weekend and Asurion doesn't have REZOUNDS in stock anymore, can't get them. Offered me a Thunderbolt or Incredible 4g.

6. acejavelin

Jun 4, 2012
    Bismarck, ND
    Hmmm... Did you call and talk to someone, or did you just use the website? I have the website say that but when you call they magically have some, but sometimes you have to push it or request a new one. You could also get someone on the phone and tell them neither of those is acceptable and try for a Motorola Razr Maxx or Samsung GS3. Also, sometimes waiting a week will help, if you can, they sometimes get new refurbished ones in.

7. DVJ38

DVJ38 Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the info again!

I better not have to research and decide what kind of phone I want again! Lol. Thanks for the additional info.

Those would probably be the two phones I would consider. Yeesh.

8. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Crap! I just cracked my screen too, was hoping I could get another Rezound!!!

9. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Well, just called Asurion, they stated they did have Rezounds in for replacements, whew

Tags: