• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken already :(

Are you sure you are looking at the front of the phone and not the back?

I only ask because there was that "professional photographer" yesterday who complained about pic quality until someone told him he forgot to remove giant protective sticker on the lens. :p

Ummmmmmmm..........yeah! LOL Do I look that dumb? ;)

Reactions: neoanderz
Upvote 0
Wish me luck, the kids are gone and I'm heading to Sprint. I will go to all the stores in town if I have to to get a replacement!
You should have used your time waiting for the kids to leave calling all the stores to see who still had them in store. But then again, maybe you didn't have a phone ;)

Good luck on your search.

Upvote 0
***UPDATE*** I'm sorta a bonehead! Anyway went to Sprint and they told me they didn't have any even though I saw the same jerk locking some in a drawer, but they sent me to BB cuz that's where i bought the phone. The manager did a hard reset. He said hold down the power button and volume button at the same time and some options came up and he just hit reboot and it's obviously working!!! YAY! Anyway, he also told me that I can bring it back within the 30 days if anything else happens and then I have the TEP. So here's hoping for no more problems for me or anyone else!

Reactions: GhostFlame
Upvote 0
what about your broken pre ;)

I picked up the new Pre at Sprint while I was there and the guy just gave it to me without trying to activate it or anything so everything is muy bueno at the moment!

BTW I'm typing this all from my EVO in the parking lot at BB.

THANK YOU everyone for your concern and suggestions! Happy EVOing!

Upvote 0
***UPDATE*** I'm sorta a bonehead! Anyway went to Sprint and they told me they didn't have any even though I saw the same jerk locking some in a drawer, but they sent me to BB cuz that's where i bought the phone. The manager did a hard reset. He said hold down the power button and volume button at the same time and some options came up and he just hit reboot and it's obviously working!!! YAY! Anyway, he also told me that I can bring it back within the 30 days if anything else happens and then I have the TEP. So here's hoping for no more problems for me or anyone else!

Good to hear. I was sad when i saw that yours was broken because i knew how long you've been waiting for yours.

Upvote 0
This seems to happen to a lot of Android devices. Both of my roommates have original Moto Droids and both of their screens bricked/died on them too. I hope this isnt as common as it seems.

Technology happens, and doesn't. My first iPhone screen died a couple days in. No dropping of any sort, got a replacement but had to wait a few days. One of my friend's BB had the same thing happen. When things are mass produced, a few are not going to pass.

Upvote 0
lol well at least it wasnt broken. On that note, I guess it would behoove us to read the instruction manuals for these phones

I'll have to check again, but I don't think I saw that anywhere in the manual!

Glad that it all worked out for ya! Enjoy the day!
Thanks, you too!

i think thats more advanced trouble shooting and might not find that in the IM

Agreed, see above!

Good to hear. I was sad when i saw that yours was broken because i knew how long you've been waiting for yours.

Thanks, dan! I hope everyone is loving there EVO's as much as I am. It's still taking some getting used to as an Android virgin and coming from a Pre, but I LOVE it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones