1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Broken Display Want To Access Phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Nolan Lindsay, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Nolan Lindsay

Nolan Lindsay Lurker

So I've had a Moto X (2nd gen) for awhile now and it's been a pretty good phone. I use my phone allot and with that comes allot of drops and falls. The phone had dropped a total of 3 times all resulting in cracks. The last crack occurred about a month or two ago, but my lcd display just stopped working 4 days ago. The screen is now completely black, but is still functioning (I can here text messages and such). I was wondering if it would be possible to access my phone through my pc and from what I hear it's possible, but I can't access my phone through my screen at all to allow usb debugging. So my question is: is there any possible way to display my phone onto my pc with full functionality (or atleast partial), without using my phone at all, just plugging it in? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you could give me the steps in stupid person talk just so I can understand it that would be great!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums and sorry for the belated reply, Nolan.

If your device happens to have an HDMI port, you might be able to use Method #1 from this page:

Getting USB debugging enabled with a broken screen is pretty tough with a broken or otherwise non-functioning screen/display, I'm afraid.

:(

Mikestony likes this.