1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Broken Galaxy S2 I9100.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Android_Droid, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Android_Droid

Android_Droid Lurker

Hi all, I hope i have the right category with this post

I own an S2, as described in the title. This was crashing in commonly used apps such as trademe app, etc. Then phone froze and i forced off the phone. upon turning on the phone it then powered on asking me for a "password" to enter the internal storage. When I powered down the device again the menu and back keys were highlighted and the screen remained blank, this happened for at least 2 minutes and then powered off completely.

I now cannot see any battery logo when power plug is in

I now cannot power the phone on at all, please note the battery was at 90% charge when this all happened.

I cannot enter any odin, download or safety modes

I assume, there is something very wrong with the physical aspect of the phone and not just the software side.

I have an extended warranty on my phone and I am sure I can get this resolved through the seller, however I have misplaced the "original" battery shield from the phone - would anyone know where I can find a replacement for this before I send it in?

Any suggestions or thoughts on the entire content of this post is warmly welcomed, even if it is just to reiterate what i already suspect.

Regards

Drew, Android_Droid

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah generally if you cant get into download/odin mode then the phone is R.I.P mate :(
    I dont have a link but id say the s2 battery cover will be really easy to buy. If youre worried about the warranty id maybe buy a genuine samsung one if it has like a part number on it :thumbup:

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Moved to the international s2 forum, thanks for your understanding :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews