1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Broken headphone jack

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by karenspalmtree, Aug 28, 2011.

1. karenspalmtree

I have a Cricket Huawei Ascend and this is my story of what happened:

About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a 4 month old Android phone off of a person. The entire phone worked wonderfully, no complaints. Everything worked! I had NO complaints. The person that I bought the phone from also told me to feel free to text him should I have ANY questions at all with the phone.

A few days ago I purchased a earphone adaptor for my cell phone. I plugged it in and listened to some music. When I was finished I unplugged it and noticed that what appeared to be the tip was missing. I looked around and saw nothing. I looked inside the jack and realized the tip was stuck inside the jack. I attempted to shake the phone to try to get it out...............nothing. I then went back to the store (Harlem Irving Plaza) and explained to them what had happened. They stated that they could only give me my money back and nothing else, but maybe the cell phone department could do something. I got my money back and went to talk to the cell phone dept. They told me that there was nothing they could do about it, because it was NOT their phone, and that my phone was probably defective in the first place. NO it was NOT and IS NOT. (The person that sold me the phone is willing to write an affidavit stating that the phone was in perfect working condition, including the jack when I bought it.) I went home furious. I then called the store manager, who didn't make my situation any better. I am not quite sure how this man could be a manager of any store, but he proceeded to tell me the same thing, that there was nothing he could do as the phone was defective. I told him that it was NOT and that I felt that was a very lame way of getting out of a problem. He told me to contact Rocketfish as it was their product, so its their problem not his. I asked him if he was going to do anything, and he replied that he wasn't. I then asked him for his name and he said that I was being rude therefore he didn't have to answer that and said the conversation was ending, and hung up the phone. I called back and asked the girl who answered the phone what the store managers name was and she said there are two, Bob and another name she couldn't remember. I asked for their last names and she said she wasn't allowed to give that out. Now Im sorry, I PROFESSIONAL store with GOOD businesslike tactics WILL come forward, introduce themselves with FULL names, and attempt to TRY to help customers in any way they can. Its quite obvious that this was NOT going to happen and that I was the one who was considered the RUDE one. I could hardly get a word in edgewise because the manager kept talking and wouldn't allow me to speak.

I took the phone to several places to see if anyone could get it out. No one would touch it in fear of breaking something and no one wants to be liable for that. The piece was finally pulled out, however now, the phone jack will NOT work as it did prior to inserting this defective item into it.

Again when I purchased the phone, it worked in every way shape and form, beautifully. It was in NEW like condition. It now does not work with anything having to do with the earphone jack. The measurement of the earphone jack is 2.5mm. My headset is 3.5mm. My phone is now NOT in working order fully, because of a defective piece. Any ideas or input?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Welcome to Android Forums!!

Try contacting Huawei maybe? Report the store who sold phone to them maybe??? (just guessing)

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Welcome to Android Forums. I'm sorry to hear of all your problems. I don't have any solid suggestions. I think the earphone jack can be repaired without a great cash outlay. If you are adept, you might try attempting a replacement yourself. I'm sure you can do a youtube search and find a "how to" vid. I would likely seek out a local reputable repair shop for the task. Not that I'm affluent.. I just would not try a repair on my phone. I wish you a lot of luck and again I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.