1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Broken Huawei Ascend screen... need contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by starke, Oct 9, 2011.

1. starke

starke Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Hello everyone,
    Need some 'to do' help if possible. My Huawei Ascend has given out on my again... this time the screen won't light up and is dark (although, I can tell the phone is on and charged!).

I went to Metro, and upgraded to the LG Esteem... but they told me they could not get my contacts (because they couldn't change the settings). Didn't see them try though, either...

Unfortunately, all my old contacts are on my old phone, and I really need them. Thought that I had them backed up, but turns out, they weren't. Weren't backed up in Gmail/Contacts either.

I can plug the phone into my computer, and can see some of the file structures, but don't know how to download my contacts from the phone onto the computer.

Any thoughts? Look forward to hearing your ideas.... Starke

And PS... I've read through a number of threads, but just didn't find a clear, concise way to do this. Thanks again for your help...

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
  3. starke

starke Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Thanks ShinySide. I downloaded and set up the application. Unfortunately, for me to connect to my phone, I'd need to change some of the settings :(

Cool program and great idea, just my screen is shot on the phone, and I can't see anything for changes...

4. starke

starke Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Also, just tried to 'hard reboot' the phone by holding the up volume, send button and on buttons down at the same time...

No affect that I could tell...

5. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    If you didn't sync or otherwise backup your contacts, you may be screwed, unless you pay to have the screen replaced.

6. starke

starke Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I'm actually getting the warranty phone in the next day or two and going to try then.... again. Just would think/was hoping that I'd be able to access the contacts via usb... arrrrrgggggg

7. starke

starke Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    Really would appreciate all the help I can get. Any other ideas?

Thanks....

8. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

if you didnt back them up to google or sd card, than the only way would be replacing the screen in that phone which might be a pain depending on your skills, other wise its a no go, well one other option if you had backup your rom, you can install recovery on the replacement ascend and restore the rom and you can get them that way.

9. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Hempville, USA
    does the touch screen part work? I'm not sure how you would be able to tell though...

what ROM are you running... maybe I or someone could put together a few screenshots and you could try to get to your contacts and export them to your sd card...