• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken i717 screen. Fixable?

So I had a little too much fun watching the Super Bowl last night and I broke my Galaxy Note. I didn't think much of it considering I have a fair amount of experience replacing Iphone screens, but when I went on ebay to find a replacement I was shocked to see that a new LCD will run me more than $200?!

What they also sell is JUST a new glass screen. Now from what I've read, the screen, digitizer, and LCD are all connected and can't be replaced individually, but if that is the case, why do they even sell only the glass part?

So I had a little too much fun watching the Super Bowl last night and I broke my Galaxy Note. I didn't think much of it considering I have a fair amount of experience replacing Iphone screens, but when I went on ebay to find a replacement I was shocked to see that a new LCD will run me more than $200?!

What they also sell is JUST a new glass screen. Now from what I've read, the screen, digitizer, and LCD are all connected and can't be replaced individually, but if that is the case, why do they even sell only the glass part?
I have noticed a lot of local phone repair place - you might get a quote from them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones