• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken in numerous ways

oleb84

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2011
London
I loved this phone but now I can't wait to change. I'm now forced to use an old iPhone 6 whilst I debate a replacement. Ugh!

Battery screwed - only lasted a few hours. Even after replacing battery.

Heat from battery and charging has caused the front to pull away from the body so I can see all the innards. Obviously not water proof any more!

Yesterday the battery % was stuck in 50%. Now it only works when plugged in to the mains!

I very quick spiraling death this phone has!

Topically the only phone that takes my fancy at they moment is the Note 7. And we all know how that ended!!

I am having the same issue where the glue on the rubber seal is going bad and the entire screen is starting to come apart from the housing, exposing the inner circuitry. The phone itself is starting to boot very slow and the battery life is very poor. I don't wanna go iphone but now my only options for android seem like samsung or lg. Was gonna do an insurance claim but this is really a manufacturing defect. This is all very disappoiting. I wonder if all water sealed phones eventually do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones