1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Broken Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DefenderX1, Sep 22, 2011.

1. DefenderX1

DefenderX1 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Male
    There were no formal tech support forums so I thought this would be the best spot.

I have a manga reader called Mango. I started it up one day to read some Naruto & find there's an update. "Ok" I say to myself & go to update it. Boom, crash. My phone decides to reboot itself & when it comes back I get a message saying that "The application Market (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

The market would load ok but I couldn't search. (Clicking the magnifying glass did nothing). I rebooted my phone & now that won't load. I tried clearing data/cache, no dice. Uninstall updates was not an option. However after a few reboots I got the option to just uninstall it entirely. I did so & reinstalled it (found an APK online from what I believe to be a good site) but it's still not working.

Any ideas short of resetting the phone back to factor defautls?

Thanks~!

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Idk but I'd be slightly wary. Here's the comment from the developer:

Recent changes:
    Google deleted Mango from the Android Market without saying why. I had to re-upload Mango under a new listing. Back up your favorites, then install this one and uninstall the old one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Doesn't look promising, might want to check into an alternative. With it gone, is the market still borked?

3. DefenderX1

DefenderX1 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Male
    Interesting if not a tad worisome. However I did uninstall mango bit the market still won't work. And its worth noting that I run Lookout as well. I'd like to think it'd be able to protect against something like that.

4. DefenderX1

DefenderX1 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Male
    Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need to reinstall some apps but can't because of this