1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Broken Phone - Can't Access Play (or my money)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by moronicking, Aug 11, 2017.

1. moronicking

moronicking Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2017
    I recently broke my phone. As in, it got completely smashed. I replaced it but I still had valuable information in my old phone.

I made a google account ESPECIALLY for this phone (Samsung Core Prime) and actually had money on the account. When I made the account, I didn't link a recovery email and the phone number linked was recently deactivated.

I tried to get my account information from my computer (USB port to Computer) but my google.accounts folder was empty. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover my account information from my phone (I still have the SIM card which should be connected to my contacts, where I think my email was saved?) but Google is refusing to help me. I remember most of my email as well as the exact balance on the account.

Is there a way to get my google data out of my phone?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Let me understand this.

Your phone screen is shattered but you think the phone is still working? And you cant remember the Google account credentials to access the $$$ you had in that account?

First, you won't be able to see any of the data from your phone by hooking it up to a PC. Most of that is stored in system folders and may be encrypted.

You've got several challenges here. Without a backup email or a phone number for verification, Yeah, i doubt you can recover the account, at least in the traditional way.

There are OTG adapters that would let you connect an HDMI cable to display the phone screen on a monitor, and you can use a similar adapter to connect a mouse to access the phone, but from what I've seen trying to do both simultaneously is either extremely complicated or impossible.

Honestly, I think you best bet is to simply replace the screen on the phone. Then you'll not only have your account information, but you'll have your phone back.

I've seen some kits on Amazon for ~$30 for both the LCD and digitzer, so you can't beat that if you're willing to do the work.

This shows you how.

Dannydet and Unforgiven like this.
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Just to add, whatever your next mobile device will be it's really important to get some kind of backup solution set up from now onward. If not any of the automatic, online services than manually to your computer. Smartphones simply are not a reliable source for any kind of long term storage -- they get lost, or stolen, or in your case damaged, and retrieving data off a phone is typically not a simple task. The same applies to microSD cards, they are not reliable enough to be relied upon as any kind of archiving media.

Hunter stuart likes this.