1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Broken Recovery after flashing cm10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Modman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Modman

Modman Android Enthusiast

I tried flashing L2einit recovery because I didn't know cm10 was supposed to have a built in recovery.
    Phone is fully functional on cm10. L2einit reboots phone and won't go into recovery. Booting from cm10 menu gives me morning call empty errors. It just dawned on me. I used a bootable sd card with recovery on Nook Color. Is there away to make a bootable sd card for the lg motion to take an image of my current setup? If I could do that I could take a nandroid or flash another rom straight from the card. Wonder if it is possible and if anyone has a tutorial to do it? I removed L2einit. apk from system.

Advertisement

2. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

what happened to "if it aint broke dont fix it? you sure got a lot of post on the subject for a phone that isn't broke. like everyone has said already. the ONLY WAY you can fix this is to unbrick. so do it or don't.

3. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

Remove 2 init and all traces( clean up dalvik through titanium backup) and download the rom again extract the xbin folder out of the system then paste over your existing xbin see if that works. Or just do what I said in the recovery thread you were posting in.

Modman likes this.
  4. Modman

By that time my wife will probably have a new phone. Sucks but not the end of the world. Recovery is broken but phone works. It was also very hard to hard reset to get my account off on stock. The volume down key sequence may also not be taking.
    I'll leave the headache for when there is a better rom out. This one is working for now. Swapping xbin when mounting image with titanium is an idea to try before unbrick. Thanks.

5. Swainsmith82

I don't understand then why you started a thread if you don't want to fix it, but oh well it is what it is..

6. Swainsmith82

If you're on a later firmware you have to tap the home and back button after pressing the volume down, power combo releasing the volume down as it first vibrates. On F it's just volume down, power

Modman likes this.
  7. Modman

True I could have waited till I actually wanted to do it to paste a thread.
    And that other key combination you just mentioned might work. Reinstall is usually a last resort when something is working. I appreciate your help hopefully I can refer to this thread even if I don't unbrick till months from now. When I say all important things are working just not recovery that is what I mean. Recovery is not life or death right now if the phone isnt bricked.

8. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Android Expert

I suggested he make this thread, before you attack him, because he is spamming all of the other threads rather than posting his own thread to deal with the problem.

I agree with Johnny. Unbricking is the way to go. It is a simple process, not difficult in the least. Download the firmware file via torrents from this thread: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...re-official-motion-4g-10c-d-e-f-firmware.html

Use the torrent ones so you don't have to convert the file, it is already in the necessary format and you don't have to convert it to KDZ.

Use sammyz's guide the rest of the way to unbrick: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/610609-guide-unbrick-unroot-lg-motion-4g-kdz.html

I actually made a video on this as well, watch the whole thing before you start, will make you much more comfortable with the process: HOW TO UNBRICK/UNROOT/DOWNGRADE LG Motion 4G - STEP BY STEP - YouTube

Incakola and Modman like this.
  9. Swainsmith82

Wasn't attacking and I know you told him to but if it wasn't planning on being fixed then what's the point....

SwoRNLeaDejZ and Modman like this.
  10. Modman

So I can refer back to this post when I actually am forced to do it. Which will be when there is an updated cm10.

11. SwoRNLeaDejZ

smh... PG's build is updated every day...

Not to mention, if you had read through the CM10 threads before installing, it would have been apparent that the recovery was already included... jus saying ;)

12. SwoRNLeaDejZ

You release power ;)

Modman likes this.
  13. Swainsmith82

Yea that's what I meant

14. Modman

That sounds like the hard reset sequence. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It took me several tries just to get that to work when I did it to remove my account. That's another reason I like to discuss things. It may not even be broken. Don't think I'm taking every nightly build. When it changes from working almost everything to everything I will reflash most likely. I want to let the rom settle in and use it for a while.

15. johnnyl1111

i just installed 2ndinit recovery app on cm10 and it didnt boot to recovery but it didn't break cm10 recovery either. so what ever you did to break recovery, that wasn't it.

Modman likes this.
  16. Modman

My wife has phone right now and it is working. I think I'm gonna try hard reset sequence next time I want to flash a rom. I remember it being holding down volume and hitting home and back really fast. It took me 4 tries on stock.

17. johnnyl1111

thats only on firmware c . any other firmware you just hold power and volume down until the confirmation screen pops up

Swainsmith82 and SwoRNLeaDejZ like this.
  18. Modman

One more question If I could get into recovery somehow could I flash the nandroid I Took with 2ndinit? If not I will have to unbrick when I have time.

19. SwoRNLeaDejZ

Dude I think nandroid manager can restore a backup without recovery. Don't quote me on that, you could always research it though

20. Modman

Eventually my wife nagged me like crazy for the low call volume.
    Sorry for being so stubborn the unbrick was really easy.
    maybe I'll use Nandroid manager in the future. I only setup like two apps
    before I wiped anyway. now on to rerooting.

Tags: