1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Broken screen getting pics s6

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android question, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Android question

None
    Hi I broke my s6 screen and have thousands of pics that weren't backed up. I know there's a way to unlock it with find my mobile app but can't download it obviously because of the broken screen. Any way way to enter download mode and get these pictures off somehow?? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    The Find My Mobile app is operated from your PC, you use the log-in details that you used when you set up the Samsung Account on the phone, so hopefully you can do this, unlock your screen and retrieve your pics.

3. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    I never signed up on that phone I need to try and download it on there now I signed up with the replacement phone any other ideas??

4. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    What screenlock are you using?

5. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    Thumbprint scan

6. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    So I should be able to unlock but can't see anything to click or even turn blue tooth on or USB

7. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    OK I think we're in business. You need to connect the phone to the pc using the cable that came with it. If you haven't connected it before you will need to install Samsung USB drivers. Google search for them. Once installed, connect phone to pc, press thumbprint and your phone should appear in my computer, you pics will be in the dcim folder. If you can't find the drivers install Samsung Smart Switch

Jfalls63 likes this.
  8. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    think I tried that and I think when I used to connect I had to hit an OK message on the phone before it would connect. Because when I connect now android file transfer says no device found maybe I need a different driver?

9. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    Maybe the fingerprints not working? I downloaded Keis and Samsung smart whatever. It says connecting on Keis then when I try to unlock nothing. What happens if I connect while in download mode at least I can use the buttons right instead of touch screen?

10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    If your phone can connect to internet, go to Play Store on your PC and install Samsung SideSync to your phone. Also, go to Samsung website and install Samsung SideSync for PC. Once both are installed, connect the phone to the PC using the supplied cable, and turn on SideSync for PC. Drivers will load etc, then you will see a small window on the lower left of your PC screen. Select 'phone screen'. A a window showing your phone's screen will popup. You can control it using a mouse and keyboard. Unlock it. Then get your photos and other stuff via My Computer on your PC.

Jfalls63 and El Presidente like this.
  11. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    That would be perfect how can I download the app to my phone if I can't see or use the touch screen also I activated the replacement phone already if I download it on this phone then activate the broken one will it sync?

12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    You use a PC. As long as your Google account is still on the phone, which from what you told us it is, and as long as the phone is connected to the internet, you can push an app installation to it from your PC. Just open a web browser on your computer, login to the same Google account on your phone and search for the app you need. There would be an install button to click on, then you would be asked to select which phone you have under your account would you like to install to. Simply choose the broken phone, and you're done. Although of course you'd have to wait the installation out. Does the display still work? I mean can you still see anything on the screen?

13. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    No display nothing sadly. I will try that soon I also bought a USB hub and an hdmi adapter with a USB mouse the mouse seems to work but need a different adapter for display will this work? It works on the s6 I'm currently on

14. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    No. All you need is the usb connector to connect the phone to PC. The phone screen will show up on your PC screen. You control it with the same mouse you use for the PC. You don't need anything else.

15. Kevin M Mari

Kevin M Mari Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    I have a Mac so all I need is a adapter from usb to mini display port right?

16. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Nope. Just the same USB connecter the phone uses with the charger.