• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken screen, need to confirm USB "Transfer files" somehow

MSTRA

Lurker
Jul 26, 2021
So when I connect my Huawei P30 Lite to a computer using USB I internal storage pops up in my Windows Explorer.

But before I can access any of my files/DCIM folder I need to confirm a question-box named "Use USB for" with the choices like "Only charging", "Transfer files", "Mass storage" etc. You know, know that things that pops up on your phone immediately after connecting your phone to a PC using USB.

However, my screen is broken so I cannot confirm this question-box. This is quite frustrating cause I cannot copy over my pictures even though they are right there.
Any smart ways of getting around this? Just need to confirm for "Transfer files" and i'll be good.

So when I connect my Huawei P30 Lite to a computer using USB I internal storage pops up in my Windows Explorer.

But before I can access any of my files/DCIM folder I need to confirm a question-box named "Use USB for" with the choices like "Only charging", "Transfer files", "Mass storage" etc. You know, know that things that pops up on your phone immediately after connecting your phone to a PC using USB.

However, my screen is broken so I cannot confirm this question-box. This is quite frustrating cause I cannot copy over my pictures even though they are right there.
Any smart ways of getting around this? Just need to confirm for "Transfer files" and i'll be good.
with a broken screen there is not much you can do. if you had used google photos then those photos would have been automatically saved to the cloud and you could've accessed them on your pc without having to connect the phone to your pc.

are are other ways but you would have had to have usb debugging turned on and enabled oem unlock in developer's mode....but you need the screen to accomplish those. if you can get that done, then you can use adb to move files around via a command shell on your computer. https://www.thecustomdroid.com/adb-push-pull-commands/

if you can get AirDroid: Remote access & File from the play store to be downloaded and installed, you can use that to wirelessly move files between phone and pc. but i'm pretty sure you will still have to interact with it on the phone, so i'm not so sure if that will work in your case.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones