• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken screen, retrieving data?

So, the display on my F6 broke. The new one is in the mail, but I'm hoping I can pull off some of the data on it. I've received new texts, and it would be nice to be able to get those, as well as my old ones. I'd also like to be able to pull things I had written down in the memo app. I was able to get all my videos and pictures. The phone is not rooted, and no, I can't see the screen to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can try to follow the last bit of that video. Be sure to get the phone into software mode. You're flying blind so if you want I can make a step by step video so you can try following where to touch.

Yeah, a guide would be appreciated, since I have no idea how to turn that setting on (if I have it) or how to get out of debugging mode.

Upvote 0
Ok. The screen is roughly 5.5cm by 10cm.
Without a ruler, your pinky should be roughly 1cm wide at the tip. Maybe a little less. So I'm gonna Give you coordinates as described in my last post.
All plots are "x"(0 is left edge, 5.5 is right edge) by "y" (0 is bottom edge, 10 is top)
If you have a screen lock, I hope you can unlock it... here we go...

Unlock
Home button
Menu button
2.5x 1y
1x 2y
Slide finger like you're scrolling down a few times...
1x 8y
2x 6y
Lg onscreen phone is now enabled and phone is in software mode.
If you have turned on usb debugging, lets turn that off...

Home
Menu
2.5x 1y
1x 2y
Scroll down
1x 1.25y
1x 4y

Google lg osp and you should easily find the pc end program needed. Set up a new sub connection and your phone will show up on your pc in an emulator.

It works, I just tested this guide by setting it up on my laptop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones