1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Broken screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phoenix25071, May 28, 2021.

1. Phoenix25071

Phoenix25071 Lurker

Ok, I have a Galaxy A20. Back in March, my daughter bumped into me and knocked the phone out of my hand. It only fell about a foot but the phone landed flat and the screen started bleeding. Now the whole screen is black, but it’s still responsive. I have a few pictures I need off of that phone, but I’ve tried the power button and volume buttons and it doesn’t work. Is there a way to remotely access the pictures saved on that phone from another phone or tablet? I don’t have a computer to hook them to, and I don’t have the cord to link both phones together. And I am unable to take it anywhere because I’m on bed rest due to Covid shutting down my body. Does anyone know if that’s possible to use another device to extract my photos?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I think the bleeding means you broke all the way through the screen. Time to upgrade or try a new manufacturer.
    Screen replacements are expensive.

3. Phoenix25071

Phoenix25071 Lurker

That’s what I was worried about, I was hoping to be able to remotely access the Bluetooth somehow to try to get them that way, but it’s not going to work. Which sucks because all of the screen functions work, just can’t see what youre doing

4. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

The photos are in Google Photos online unless you turned that off @Phoenix25071.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

There are public access internet hubs around the world. Try a library or museum.

6. Phoenix25071

Phoenix25071 Lurker

I’ve checked, most of them arent

7. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Where you from?

8. Phoenix25071

Phoenix25071 Lurker

West Virginia

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Blue Ridge Mountains? Shenandoah River?

Madd61 likes this.
  10. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

A Mountaineer! I'll do my best to help.
    I'll PM you next week.

puppykickr likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if you have access to a tv and can hook up the phone to it, you might be able to get the tv to mirror the screen.....of course this will only work if your screen is still responsive.

if it is not sync'd with google photos, and you do not have a pc i'm not sure what you can do at this point. your only option that i see is to get the screen fixed.

12. Phoenix25071

Phoenix25071 Lurker

I got
    I somehow got a Samsung tablet to log the phone in to google, and was able to do a backup to cloud. Not sure how I did it but I got most of the photos copied. But that was my main thing I was trying to figure out, was if I could plug it into a tv or try to mirror it to another device. The screen still responds, it’s just black

13. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

That will get old quick

14. sctraffic

sctraffic Newbie

I think no other option to extract your photos from your phone. You can take it to care center.

Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7884 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews