• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken screen

Ok, I have a Galaxy A20. Back in March, my daughter bumped into me and knocked the phone out of my hand. It only fell about a foot but the phone landed flat and the screen started bleeding. Now the whole screen is black, but it’s still responsive. I have a few pictures I need off of that phone, but I’ve tried the power button and volume buttons and it doesn’t work. Is there a way to remotely access the pictures saved on that phone from another phone or tablet? I don’t have a computer to hook them to, and I don’t have the cord to link both phones together. And I am unable to take it anywhere because I’m on bed rest due to Covid shutting down my body. Does anyone know if that’s possible to use another device to extract my photos?

I’ve checked, most of them arent
if you have access to a tv and can hook up the phone to it, you might be able to get the tv to mirror the screen.....of course this will only work if your screen is still responsive.

if it is not sync'd with google photos, and you do not have a pc i'm not sure what you can do at this point. your only option that i see is to get the screen fixed.

Upvote 0
if you have access to a tv and can hook up the phone to it, you might be able to get the tv to mirror the screen.....of course this will only work if your screen is still responsive.

if it is not sync'd with google photos, and you do not have a pc i'm not sure what you can do at this point. your only option that i see is to get the screen fixed.
I got

I somehow got a Samsung tablet to log the phone in to google, and was able to do a backup to cloud. Not sure how I did it but I got most of the photos copied. But that was my main thing I was trying to figure out, was if I could plug it into a tv or try to mirror it to another device. The screen still responds, it’s just black

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones