1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Broken screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kevster, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Kevster

Kevster Newbie

Hi everyone, my sons S9 screen has stopped working does anyone know a free transfer program to send all data ( contacts, emails, texts, etc) basically everything from his phone onto a pc and then be able to transfer it all back onto a new phone, thanks .

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cwcheese

cwcheese Well-Known Member

Question: did he have a Google/gmail account for that phone? (most people do) If so, then his contacts ought to be already in the Google cloud, as well as his email. Texts could be an issue since those are local to the phone database.

Is the phone totally non-functioning? Even with a transfer program, you need to be able to do some functions on the phone itself to enable the transfer, you can't really suck everything over from an external connection.

As to a free program, Samsung SmartSwitch is available free for all recent Samsung phones since at least S6 so that can be used to move everything. I've done so twice in the past 5 years when upgrading from S6 through S10 and likely will do so soon when I upgrade to current S?? version.

ocnbrze, mikedt and Unforgiven like this.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews