• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Broken Triumph

moonknightus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well, I seem to have bricked my Triumph. Anybody know what resides on mmcblk0p2? I thought it was the second partition of the SD card but apparently this is not the case as I attempted to establish a swap partition there and now my phone does not turn on. No download mode, no bootloader mode, nothing. When I plug it into the computer, the device comes up as QHSUSB_DOWNLOAD and nothing more. Any ideas? I'm going to request one from VM but since this is my only phone, I don't know how I'm going to do that...

What OS are you using on your computer?
When plugged in and "QHSUSB_DOWNLOAD" comes up are there any files you can see under the device?

Nothing. Just shows up as "QHSUSB_DOWNLOAD" in the device manager. Got some drivers for this "device" and now QPST recognizes the phone as being in "download" mode which I assume is a service download mode. All information I can find on this relates mostly to HTC phones and seems to indicate that the phone is bricked beyond recovery unless there is some way to build a JTAG for it, which I am not going to do. Going to find a way to get in touch with VM for a (hopefully) replacement phone and in the mean time, switching back to my old standby Optimus V. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones