• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Broken USB Port, How To Unroot?

Kdash9

Sep 24, 2010
Hey mu USB port is broken and sprint already sent me my new phone but i need to send the old one back. How do I unroot so they dont bust my balls about this? I cant connect the usb and i put the pc36img on the sd card and tried to flash it but it didnt work, am I SOL?

You can always Email it to your self. Download the image to your pc then send it via email.

Once its been sent you download it then use Astro or some other explorer to place it in root.

From there you can hold down the vol down button and power to get into the boot loader.

Just be aware that it may take a long time if not on 4G or WiFi to download. I believe its like a 30MB or bigger file if im not mistaken.

Upvote 0
Honestly I had an issue where my screen went dead and I was rooted. There was no way for me to unroot it so i just took my chances and sent it back. Its been about 2 months now and I haven't heard from Sprint and doubt I will.

They probably just get the phone back, fix the port, do a fresh flash of the stock ROM and throw it in the refurb pile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones