• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken USB Port, Self Fix Help?

piginawig

Lurker
Jul 20, 2012
Hi everyone, new to the forums. Yesterday I took the charger out and the inside of the port broke off and a piece of it was stuck in the cord itself. It has been getting looser and looser and this was the breaking point.

Anyway, I have found a replacement USB port online but I have no idea how to install such a thing myself. Can anyone with experience with the internals of the Thunderbolt help?

Thanks a ton.

Hi everyone, new to the forums. Yesterday I took the charger out and the inside of the port broke off and a piece of it was stuck in the cord itself. It has been getting looser and looser and this was the breaking point.

Anyway, I have found a replacement USB port online but I have no idea how to install such a thing myself. Can anyone with experience with the internals of the Thunderbolt help?

Thanks a ton.

hello piginawig welcome to AF! i was doing some searching to resolve your issue and it seems your best bet would be to just send it in and have them fix it as i've read the ports on this phone are not exceptional i hope this helps wish i could assist further

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones