• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

broken volume rocker

saywhatsamx3

Mar 20, 2010
I dropped my eris yesterday and the back popped off. When i put it back on i noticed the volume rocker was gone. i went back and looked for it but couldnt find it. I went to the verizon store today to see if there was a replacement for it. Or if i could buy a new back for the phone because thats what he rocker is attached to but they told me no. So does anyone know what i can do? I know i can change my volume by going to settings but that is just a pain. Does anyone know a website where they might sell the backs for the droid eris?

I dropped my eris yesterday and the back popped off. When i put it back on i noticed the volume rocker was gone. i went back and looked for it but couldnt find it. I went to the verizon store today to see if there was a replacement for it. Or if i could buy a new back for the phone because thats what he rocker is attached to but they told me no. So does anyone know what i can do? I know i can change my volume by going to settings but that is just a pain. Does anyone know a website where they might sell the backs for the droid eris?

Wow - Verizon used to sell these, as well as replacement batteries, but they are no longer in the store. Well, maybe now we know another definition of EOL (end of life) - you'd better not break anything like the battery cover.

Thankfully, there is ebay. See OEM HTC Droid Eris Back Cover Battery Door Verizon - eBay (item 290462689863 end time Sep-08-10 21:39:59 PDT)

Upvote 0

They're everywhere, saywhatsamex3. :)

NEW HTC DROID ERIS ORIGINAL BATTERY DOOR BACK COVER - eBay (item 230442565242 end time Sep-23-10 18:52:10 PDT)

Hang in there. ;)

Upvote 0
They're everywhere, saywhatsamex3. :)

NEW HTC DROID ERIS ORIGINAL BATTERY DOOR BACK COVER - eBay (item 230442565242 end time Sep-23-10 18:52:10 PDT)

Hang in there. ;)
i didnt even think about going to ebay. thank you very much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones