1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Broken wifi when phone unlocked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hc806, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hc806

hc806 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    Hey guys, I wanted to get the motorola atrix, and now I am really re-considering because the phone that i will get will need to be unlocked. from the xda forum [Q] Need help, bricked/nonworking WIFI after succesful sim-unlock - Page 4 - xda-developers i believe 2 of the people are having issues with wifi, they cannot connect and seems to die. This issue only happened after the unlocked their phones via cellunlock.net

Has anyone else had this issue?

I will need to unlock the phone that I will buy from bell. It would be awesome if you guys know if this is a very common issue. I dont want to buy a phone with too many problems. I love the atrix from specs, and the technology it has, but this issue can be annoying. along with that i heard the yellow doesnt look that great.

I dont want to purchase this phone and have a bad experience with android since this will be my first android phone. I used iphone since the iphone 3g, then had an iphone 4, now using a blackberry 9780. If this isnt a big issue, i will go android for sure. Or do you guys recommend the nexus s?

thanks

Advertisement

2. papabri

papabri Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I have an unlocked AT&T atrix running on the telus network and my wifi works perfectly. Sounds like some people have defective phones? You should be fine to unlock bell's phone.

3. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2010