• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brought my phone into the pool

"her line of work" what does she do?

she makes money by looking good, and frequently needs to show perspective employers pics so they can decide if she is what they are looking for...not saying more then that...

honestly if anyone else wants to say something to me about anything to do with my wife please pm me so that this post can focus on what the topic is about. thank you.

Upvote 0
but you may have fried some circuits

Does that mean we use fried rice? (bad pun)

Normally, I'm not in favor of insurance but I did get it on the inc. and not because I'm clumsy or loose things because I'm not and I don't. I've never lost or dropped a cell phone but I have had electronics (including cell phones) go to complete s**t with internal electronic failures so, if 'ya love it and don't want to pay for it twice, it's worth it. Any loss, accidental or theft is a terrible loss when you have so much invested in it.

Upvote 0
I am so sorry. I have done this very thing twice. Once I swam for 2 hours with a "dumb phone" in my pocket, the other time, I walked into the ocean with a phone in my pocket - in and out real quick. Both of these phones survived. I did not know about the rice trick. I had a boot dryer (kind of like a hair dryer but specifically made for boots). I took the battery out, and placed the phone, battery, and case in a boot and left running for several days. On one phone, the battery did not survive and I had to replace the battery. I think the rice trick will do the same thing. Do not turn on the phone until you are sure it is dry. - Good luck. Please let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
Regular? I think a regular claim doesn't involve fraud.

I can't believe how readily so many people are to suggest fraud!

Really pleased that the cost of my future handsets and insurance etc. will be increased due to you getting something you had no right to, cheers.

Oh cry more, he was within his thirty days and got insurance. I have sent a phone back for water damage before so Insurance covers it anyway. He is not the reason you pay more no matter what Verizon makes you believe.

Upvote 0
Oh cry more, he was within his thirty days and got insurance... ... He is not the reason you pay more no matter what Verizon makes you believe.
He specifically said he DIDN'T have insurance, and Verizon don't make me believe anything; fraudulent insurance claims ARE to blame (in part) for the higher premiums everybody pays for insurance.

You benefitted just as you should've when you claimed on your insurance by the sound of it, but wouldn't you have liked a cheaper premium?

Upvote 0
honestly if anyone else wants to say something to me about anything to do with my wife please pm me so that this post can focus on what the topic is about. thank you.

You post racy pictures of your "wife" and then get upset that people are commenting about it?

Sounds pretty childish to me. Obviously not your wife. Can't see her face anyways so don't know if she is good looking.

Upvote 0
You post racy pictures of your "wife" and then get upset that people are commenting about it?

Sounds pretty childish to me. Obviously not your wife. Can't see her face anyways so don't know if she is good looking.

He wasn't crying about it? Said he was used to it, its someone else e-stalking him (his wife actually) and posting the stuff on here.

Anyway, OP get insurance or pay up, everytime someone does this crap it makes it harder for honest folk to actually make a claim. If I'm going to be around water I swap back to my beater BB for the day so if it goes for a dive I can just leave it there and not sweat it...I suggest doing the same if you don't want to pay for insurance on your phone.

Upvote 0
The rice works. Daughter dropped her LG Dare in the pool. After about 3 days it was good to go. DO NOT TURN IT ON FOR AT LEAST 2 days. Also stop by your local gun store and they sell these little "bricks/sponge" that wick away moisture. It is used by gun collectors to store their guns. Also check SEARS as they sell something similar for tool boxes to stop rust from forming on certain tools.

Oh and replace the rice a few times a day.

Upvote 0
RUBBING ALCOHOL!!! Pour rubbing alcohol all over your phone to wash all the water out of it. Water does two things to electronics that causes problems, one is that water is an oxidizer and just letting the phone dry will cause internal parts to oxidize and shorten the life span on them. Also water is laden with other particles, whether it be iron, salt, silicas,and they will all be left behind when the water evaporates, and they can cause the short circuit after the phone has dried out. So if you rinse all the water out with pure rubbing alcohol and then let it dry the phone will be fine 95%of the time, granted you didn't turn it on when you got out of the pool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones