• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Brought used rooted droid need help

Great! It's an older recovery but it'll work. Go here and download the newest Froyo Bugless Beast:
[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

You'll want to power up your phone normally, connect it to the PC with the USB cable, and move the file to the ROOT of the SD card (not in a folder). Do that and then get back to me.

Realize that - as we go through this - we have to wipe the phone's data and cache so you may have to redo some stuff.

Upvote 0
Great! It's an older recovery but it'll work. Go here and download the newest Froyo Bugless Beast:
[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

You'll want to power up your phone normally, connect it to the PC with the USB cable, and move the file to the ROOT of the SD card (not in a folder). Do that and then get back to me.

Realize that - as we go through this - we have to wipe the phone's data and cache so you may have to redo some stuff.

Do I need to go to the market and get some sort of file manager so I can put the downloaded file to the Root of the SD card?

Upvote 0
disable usb mass storage power off phone hold x and power button...

wow here we go again lol i'll let you two make it from here:)!!! its so exciting to welcome a fellow newbie to the root world lol

LOL the more the merrier, digdug! Stick around and make sure we don't miss anything (like the battery bit)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones