• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser crashes navigating to google.com

So far the issue seems to be only when navigating to google's website (go figure). The page starts loading then the browser shuts down. This is my 4th day with the phone, and it worked the first 2 days. Yesterday was when I noticed it first. I've tried restarting the phone as well as restoring the browser's default settings with no luck.

Model Number: Samsung SPH-M900 (Moment)
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: S:M900.8.0S.DE03
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Build Number: ECLAIR.DE03

Recently my browser also crashes all the time also when linked to google. In privacy settings my "use location" is checked but has not helped.

Anyone have any other suggestions. Oh and when using Opera browser I don't have this problem whatsoever. Might have to just stick with that until a fix is available. I don't like doing factory restarts cause is wastes too much time.

Upvote 0
Recently my browser also crashes all the time also when linked to google. In privacy settings my "use location" is checked but has not helped.

Did you try toggling the location setting? (From the previous posts I wasn't sure if turning it off or on was the solution.)

Also, there's probably a setting within the google page as well as the obvious one for the phone itself. Again, you might toggling both of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones