• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Browser Crashes on Launch - xtrSense

Jethro

Nov 10, 2009
Hi, my stock browser used to crash immediately upon launch, no matter where it was being launched from. So I always have to start the browser twice.

But I recently rooted and went with xtrSense. At first it all seemed smoother, but after a few days, it's back to crashing on launch again. Once I re-launch, it seems to work fine, but this is still a hassle.

Thought rooting would b my magic "fix-all" ; )

Anyone else?!?

Thought rooting would b my magic "fix-all" ; )

Anyone else?!?

I have crashed the browser in every ROM I have tried, so there is room for improvement in all of them. Having said that, I will note that the 2.1 HTC browser seems to crash far easier than any others that I have used.

I'm not sure, but the browser in xtrSense might be the same one that is in the stock htc release.

Rooting is not a cure-all; it may fix many things, but believing that it will fix every last bug is simply not realistic.

I had the browser crash on start problem a long time ago on a ROM that I cannot remember now, but I fixed the problem by clearing all caches/cookies/settings data associated with the browser, and it never recurred.

You have many options, including using different browsers.

eu1

Upvote 0
I remember reading somewhere that turning off location services in the browser (menu->more->settings, turn "enable location" off) seems to fix that problem. Also, of course, restarting the phone seems to fix it. I'm actually running xtrSENSE myself now, and the browser thing hasn't happened to me yet; if it does, we know that setting isn't the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones