1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Browser in ICS - missing bookmark, search, url bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveSyd, May 9, 2012.

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Am I missing something since the new ICS update. I have searched on line and found descriptions of the new speed and features like b/w, quick semi-circular menu - but I am looking for something a little more fundamental!

I can't find any of my bookmarks, or how to type in a url if needed. I have searched through settings to see if I have URL bar hidden or something, but I can't find anything. I have a completely full browser screen except the notifications are still there. No tabs or anything. If I pinch and zoom I get all the open pages (usually repeated entries of the same page sometimes up to 8). On the tab page display (name?) it has a status bar for starting incognito, or + for opening a new one.

I must be missing something obvious, how do I get to bookmarks, url or history for that matter?

Advertisement

2. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Open the browser, press menu key, go to "settings", "lab" then uncheck "quick controls". That should do it.

3. N1vag

N1vag Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    If the quick controls actually gave you a bookmark option it would actually be quite good.

DaveSyd likes this.
  4. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks heaps
    don't remember when I turned them on, long enough that I forgot. Not so intuitive. Agree would be good to have them combined!!

Davesyd