1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support browser keeps foreclosing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crow11ad, May 21, 2010.

1. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Please help. Ever since official update that sprint did at the store it seems the stock browser will foreclose. The only way I can get it to be stable is by going to google search that came with 2.1. Anyone have a suggestion....if I factory reset it works then goes back to foreclosing

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    That's "force close". If a factory reset didn't fix it, I would re do (re flash) the update.

3. crow11ad

Oct 22, 2009
    Sorry about that I was typing quick on my phone at lunch....funny now that I look at it. I will try again and hopefully won't brick my phone.

4. crow11ad

Oct 22, 2009
    Found the problem...I set the home page to google.com. Well when uou do that it will ask you if you want to turn on location. That was the problem. I did a little test and set my home page to yahoo.com and no problem. Tried typing in google.com and it did it. Then I tried classic mode and it worked. Went back and turned off location and presto. Funny though Google crashed Google.

areamer likes this.
  5. jakson

jakson Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Virginia
    dont take this the wrong way, but im glad that happened to you. i just experienced the exact same problem with my moment and this was the only answer i found. haha thanks

6. crow11ad

Oct 22, 2009

No problem.

7. Jeebus

Jeebus Member

Mar 9, 2010

Dude your web browser forecloses and takes your house?
    take that phone back, quick.
    And sue samsung for taking your house.

8. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
  9. areamer

areamer New Member

Jun 27, 2010

thank goooodness! i just got this phone (and just switched from vzw to sprint!) so i couldnt figure WHY my phone was kicking me off the browser constantly. The tech guys at Sprint couldn't figure it out either! They did a hard reset and even gave me a brand new phone. Thank you again !!! :)

10. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    I would suggest rooting your phone so you can delete the Browser.apk and Browser.odex (stock browser) and install a better, more functional 3rd party browser. I use xScope and have no problems, and the best part is (other than being free) is its very similar to Chrome.