1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Browser keeps loading the same site

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by clintdogg, Dec 14, 2011.

1. clintdogg

clintdogg Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Hey guys, I tried searching for a similar issue but had no luck.

My stock browser keeps reloading a page I visited a few days ago everytime I close it to do something else and go back. When I return to my browser, it's opening back up with 2 tabs open: 1) Google News; 2) a news post on HindustanTimes about the new MIB3 trailer.

I can't figure out how to fix this, any ideas?

Advertisement

2. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Try clearing data and cache from your browser and see if that helps.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (then scroll to browser)

Also, check what your home page is set to.

If that doesn't work, it could be malware (but I don't think it is). You can try scanning with AVG or Lookout.

One more thing you can do is try another browser and see if it has the same problem.

3. clintdogg

clintdogg Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    I had tried clearing just browsing data and cache in the browser and it didn't work, however the above suggestion did work.

Just a warning to anyone else that has this issue... doing so will remove all of your bookmarks/passwords/etc.

Thanks from one DBZ fan to another!

4. Tom92024

Tom92024 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    This just started happening to me the other day, too.

I read Google News on my Android every morning, and it's always been great, but lately, it goes into this "endless loop" of reloads whenever I go there, to the point where it's become unusable.

Tried all the suggestions here (clearing data & cache), even replaced the stock browser with both Dolphin & Firefox... All with the same results... Google News just keeps reloading itself, indefinitely (it seems)?

I stumbled onto this (intermittently) with a couple of other sites, but Google News is the big offender for me.

The vast majority of the other sites I visit are fine.

To be honest, this really looks to be either a bug in the latest Google News for Mobile, or something that got pushed-out OTA, because the phone was perfect until very recently.

Hope someone comes-up with a theory.

5. msvf

msvf Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2011
    Bug has been around for ages. It also happens on most news sites. I first noticed when reading article on nyt and wp, thought it was a google counspiracy against the neocons. But it truns out the page endlessly reloads on aljazeera and BBC articles as well. I have tried dolphine, stock browsers,opera, boat but it's the same.