• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser Privacy - HTC Incredible

ORDarksideD

May 13, 2010
Thanks for pointing this out, but I thin engadget is blowing it a bit out of proportion. The DInc has previews of your bookmarks (anyone that uses the bookmarks knows that). So they should know that when they bookmark something, a preview will be made. Additionally, anyone using bookmarks knows they refresh. And they do so with live screen shots. So....

Anyway, I agree that HTC should fix this. It should ask if you want live updates to the screenshot preview. However, if something is that important that it not be shown to anyone else, why is it on the Internet? And, assuming it is a secure location, why would you use one of the least secure devices you could to access it? Not that the DInc is not secure, but when you access things that are a true matter of privacy (credit reports or work related items that are under strict NDA's or government rated) you really are an idiot if you do it via a phone. As for other stuff, how horrible is it if someone you sold a phone to knows (a year or so down the line, mind you), that your friend josh had a bad date from a facebook shot. Or that at one time you had $343 in your online banking account (I assumed the screens do not have the account number for security reasons, because my bank does not). What is anyone really going to do with that information?

-Nkk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones