1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Browser: "Retrieving sign in details" message at launch

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MisterB, Jan 31, 2010.

1. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Notice this on the stock browser when it first launches? This takes up at least 5 seconds or more when you're just trying to open up the browser to go to a site. Seems unnecessary. Would be better if it just pulled up the browser. Is there a setting to change this?

I like the stock browser, otherwise and I'm not interested in Dolphin. I hear it has advertisements on it?

Advertisement

2. sixpack

sixpack Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I noticed this when I unchecked always-on mobile data and have google as my home page. Don't know if this has anything to do with it though.

3. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Lynn Haven, FL
    It only does this if you don't have an active internet connection at the time you launch the browser. Kinda like dialing up on the old modems. :)

4. MisterB

Dec 25, 2009
    Strange. Changed my home page to something other than google, I'm checking this at home with wifi and great cell signal, and I still get that message, with the pause.

5. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Chemical Eng. Medical Device Manuf.
    Catasauqua, PA
    Only if you use the homepage that is pre-installed in Dolphin. Change it to something else, like the regular www.google.com or www.yahoo.com or whatever you wish, and the adds do not show anymore. At least for me, they don't.

6. MisterB

Dec 25, 2009
    Thanks. I was ready to download the latest version, but damn- the reviews are horrible. Lots of people saying they used to love Dolphin, but with the latest update, it is crap now...