1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Browser shows up in French Language?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kuhlmanb, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Kuhlmanb

Kuhlmanb Newbie

Whenever I type in google.com in my web browser (stock or dolphin) it takes me to the french version of google. I do not know why it does this. I have my default locale set up correctly in the settings. Any ideas what I'm missing?

2. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

Did you clear your cache?

3. lv2bll

lv2bll Member

its on googles side they do it on purpose for some global awareness thing, dont worry about it

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

global awareness? So it's in French? WTF is that supposed to mean?

5. lv2bll

lv2bll Member

a few different times for me it was in spanish, german, and russian. it seems random. no problem with your phone though

6. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User

That's really odd. I've never had Google show up in any other languages. :thinking:

7. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

There is something wrong on the phone, I had a pc do the same thing and had to enter another google address to get it back. I forgot what it was but will look for it again. Did you clear the cache before I start researching?

8. Snarky30

Snarky30 Newbie

I, like I'm sure most others do, use Google almost all day long and I have never had it show up in a different language. I don't know where you heard about "global awareness" but it sounds like the suggestion of clearing your cache is the way to go. Also, make sure it's pulling up the U.S. link for Google and not like google.co.uk or something like that.

Also try doing a google search and scroll to the bottom, then click preferences, then more settings and at the top make sure your interface language is English. You can also check the boxes of which language you want search results to only show up in.(Ex: filter out any page that's written in another language)

Hopefully your settings are still in English so you know what to click on lol

9. Kuhlmanb

Kuhlmanb Newbie

It seems to have gone back to normal after I cleared my cache. Thanks for the help :)

10. nathanotis

nathanotis Android Enthusiast

FWIW, mine pops up in Spanish from time to time... After resets, I think. On mine, there's always a "google in english" option at the bottom. One click and its fixed.

... its never once happened on my pc.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews