1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Browser Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WarJorge, Feb 22, 2011.

1. WarJorge

WarJorge Member

Hey all, I've been using the stock Browser and I was wondering if anyone would recommend a faster more efficient browser if it exists? Any help is much appreciated

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Why not check the market for browsers and read the reviews?

Dolphin HD
    Miren
    Xscope
    Skyfire

3. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

Everyone has different preferences. I have found that xScope has met all my needs and has great response from the developer.

4. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Dolphin mini is the fastest I've used (which is all of them).

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

I use Dolphin HD and love it.

6. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member

I like Opera Mini Browser! Never had an issue!

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Let me rephrase that. I just downloaded xScope and it seems to be the best. :D

8. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

+1 on Opera Mini for simple web page/forum browsing. In the time Dolphin HD loads 1 page, I've already visited 3 pages on Opera Mini.

I fire up Skyfire when I want to view videos.

9. WarJorge

WarJorge Member

Much thanks, I will definitely be trying them out.

10. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

There is also a beta version of Firefox 4 for Android. While it supposedly works on Android 2.0 and up, the best performance with it is said to be on 2.2.

It's beta because regular Firefox 4 is still beta.

Personally, I'm waiting for both 4s to come out of beta and then I'll jump on them. I don't really like any of the browsers now out for Android.

It's worth saying that "mini" browsers such as Opera are blazingly fast -- because they're loading the version of mobile sites when available and the rendering of a site is done on Opera's servers. If that works for you, you'll be very pleased with it. Not so much here.

11. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

I see the full site when I want to. For example, I browse this site normally on "desktop view".

When viewed in desktop view, it's still blazingly fast.

My of the sites I visit default to desktop view and there are only one or two that insist on showing me the m.mobile view. But then I just click the Desktop view link and I'm back viewing the full page.

The zoom is not as robust, you only have zoom in and zoom out. Nothing in between. But everything is still quite legible and wrapped appropriately to the screen. So no complaints.

The bonus is that if you have a limited data plan, Opera Mini is ideal as it only uses a fraction of the data that other browsers would. I have unlimited data, so that's not why I use it. I use it for speed. I hate waiting for pages to load.

12. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast

I'd personally recommend xScope, it's a really good browser! But for situations when I have a weak data connection, I switch to Opera (super fast)