• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser that allows moving along the page WHILE pinch zooming

LeoBloom

Dec 21, 2010
Is there a browser that allows you to move along a website as you are pinch zooming?

Currently, if you start to pinch zoom, you are locked to one particular origin point which you can magnify or zoom out off. If you move both fingers in any one direction e.g. both fingers towards the left, the webpage will not show you more of what's to the right of what you are currently viewing.

My Honeycomb tablet, the iPhone, and WP7 are all capable of doing this, so I was wondering if there is anyway to get my incredible 2 to do this as well.

Firefox does it. xScope doesn't.

I thought that xscope did. I tried it briefly & when you double tap to zoom you hold your finger down on the second tap & it lets you move left & right and all around as long as your finger is held down. It is called pin zoom, you have to check the setting to enable it I think.
I kind of liked it because it didn't require using two hands.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones