1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Browser: Two Types of Slow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by obutto, Dec 13, 2009.

1. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Okay, basically I have been reading the following on the forums after the 2.0.1 update:
    In a nutshell, the browser lags when scrolling.

However, I have noticed something completely different after the update, and that is SIGNIFICANTLY slower browser speeds. My Droid usually loaded a site at my house in 10 seconds. Maximum 5 when on wifi. Now, its really weird. Takes about two minutes per website when on 3G and about 40 seconds when on wifi. I don't know whats going on! Is this happening for anybody else? Even GOOGLE is lagging.

Advertisement

2. Droidn00b

Droidn00b Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Texas
    There must be something wrong, then. Google loads rapidly on my phone. Other sites take longer but not 40 seconds to 2 minutes. I don't think it takes that long when my phone is on 1x. I hope you're still within the 30 day trial. You might need to get another Droid.

3. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

Agree, there is a considerable slow down, not simply in rendering. I get lag even when clicking the back button. It can take 10 seconds to load an already cached page (on this forum for example), even with a good signal. Browser just hangs, with frequent force close/wait dialogs.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    2.0.1 here .... using the Dolphin Browser
    Just tested 3G and wifi. Cleared cache in browser.
    On 3G, Google took 2 seconds to come up, and 2.5 seconds when I did a search typing in "test".
    On wifi, slighter faster times.

Can you clear the history and/or cache in the stock browser?