1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Browser Uses LOTS of Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toast95135, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Toast95135

Toast95135 Active Member

Aug 29, 2010
    I've started noticing that aside from GPS, browsing the internet uses up a hugggeeeee amount of power. I can watch a movie at full brightness for 10 minutes and see less power consumption then browsing for 10 minutes. I finished charging my phone and turned on Dolphin Browser HD, used it for 5 minutes and then checked the battery usage. The screen had used 67% and the browser had eaten up 14%! Wth? I quickly switched over to the stock browser and it was a little better, 7%. One weird thing too, was that even though I used the stock browser for 5 minutes it only listed the CPU usage as 1.23 minutes, where the Dolphin browser indicated that it was taxing the CPU the entire time.

I also noticed, when you load a page in the browser (either one) and then check the built in Task Manager, the browser app flashes red and says that it's using anywhere from 80-116% CPU... No wonder it uses so much power.

Is there any other way to get around this?

Advertisement

2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Epic doesn't use power to display blacks, so with most web pages having all white it will put a dent in your power.

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Oahu / Hawaii
    Yea I can tell it drained like 25% in a 1 hr 30 mim span, I only used the browser for maybe 30 mins.