• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser viewing causes phone/OS to lock up

dak244

Nov 3, 2009
I have only had the Droid for 24 hours and I have had it reset on me about 8 times already. I really am not too sure why. Mostly its been while doing different tasks in different applications. But as of the last 3 times, it has been while I was using the Broswer. Essentially, it just completely locks up (no haptic feedback either) and either resets itself, or else I have to hold teh Shift+Alt+Del to reset it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It sounds like you might have the same defect I had with my first droid; my wife and I each picked one up last Saturday, and in the first 24 hours I had it lock up or reboot over a dozen times, always related to interaction with the touchscreen. The service fellow at the Verizon store here in Austin replaced the unit the next day without question, and it's been golden since then -- with the exception of the browser lockup I mentionded. Even with that, I've only restarted the phone once this week, and that was only for safety's sake after restoring something from a backup made with MyBackup Pro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones